24 January 2012

Sing You Home


Jodi Picoult's latest, Sing You Home, is controversial, same as any other Jodi book.
It deals with miscarriage, IFV, stillbirth.
Divorce.
Embryos as property or people. 
Lesbians.
Religion.
It's all over the place, but so very much together. Jodi was asked why she mixed the topics together, and she said she couldn't see doing them apart. They belonged together.
And in Sing You Home, they most certainly do. 
As always, I feel a little hesitant in recommending Jodi; she's a little risque for the conservative type. I, however, found this one to be not too extreme or explicit.
And, of course, I loved it to death.
Read on!  

2 comments:

Molly Seawright said...

I just picked this book out as one of my Christmas books. I still have to read it. I'm glad you loved it! I'm sure I will too :)

Jayme said...

Haha, I made my sister get it for me for Christmas! And you will love it! Let me know what you think when you're all done!