16 January 2012

Vegas & Ka


Yup. Saw this. Ah-may-zing.

Cass and I went down to Vegas this weekend to spend a few days with Cass's dad, who had been there for a work conference. We got down late Friday night and spent some time driving up and down the strip . . . mostly because we were lost . . .   Saturday we went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch with Morrell's Aunt LaDawn, Uncle BN, and some cousins. We hung out and watched a football game, which ever one it was that the 49's won. Which was pretty exciting at the end, actually! Then we headed back over to the strip to see Cirque Du Soleil's Ka at the MGM Grand. 

It was fantastic. I have wanted to see a Cirque show for years and regret not having gone to a show in Orlando when I could have gotten a Disney Discount, so I was so excited to finally go to a Cirque show. It was fantastic! The upper-body strength of some of the performers . . . wow. This little teeny girl holding up a man. Intense, ya'll. And the man jumping rope on on the circle thing . . . It was great. The only thing I didn't like was the baton twirling part - I thought it was a little lame. But overall, it was fantastic! I loved it! 

2 comments:

Tenika Dennis said...

Sounds like fun! Going to Vegas is on our list of things to do while we still live in the west.

Jennifer said...

ugh. so jealous.